A new year, a new you, with Isprava28th Dec 2018
Step into Villa Branco this 2019
Villa Branco is going to steal your heart from the moment you step in. With its colonial architecture, contemporary interiors and personalised hospitality, what’s not to love!
Walk in through its arched doorways, roam in its lavish courtyard, let the sunshine through its carved white screens and tread along its bespoke flooring. Villa Branco, bathed in shades of white exudes Isprava’s unique aesthetic to perfection. From its cupola foyer which opens into a small garden piazza to its wide walkways and rectangular courtyard that skirts a beautiful pool—this home away from home is a place that will be hard to leave behind. It features a sprawling living room, a charming dining area that is adorned with woven cane chairs that sit around an antique wooden dining table, five well-appointed and beautifully designed bedrooms and bathroom that showcase true treasures. The ancient marble bath which transforms into a beautiful sink is one of them. You will also discover vintage trunks, a breath-taking wall-to-wall crockery cupboard, antique beds and more. Tucked away in the fashionable area of Anjuna in North Goa, it is in close proximity to Vagator Beach, just 7 minutes away from the all-time favourite restaurant, Thalassa, and a ten-minute drive from the Saturday Night Market. So whether it’s for a long weekend escape, an intimate celebration or even a romantic getaway for two, this is the perfect escape as the new year begins!
Top 5 decor trends of 2019
From the most elegant materials to the colours of the year, Isprava lists out the décor trends to like, love and follow, this new year.
- Going eco-friendly is the biggest trend of the year—in everything, including interior décor. From using leftover materials like marble in smart ways to live plant walls, sustainable materials like jute, rice paper, clay and smart energy-saving appliances—let’s save the planet, one room at a time!
- The colour that is going to splash all over 2019 is night watch green, the moodier alternative to bottle green replaces matte-black and looks great with high-shine finishes. This colour makes a maximum impact even in the smallest of ways— like by adding a deep green rug to a luminous marble floor.
- Move away accent walls, the freshest new way to update your space is a statement ceiling. From expressively painted to lacquered, wallpapered to moulding covered ceilings—every time you look up, the enticing visual impact will floor you. What’s more, it makes a room appear larger, brighter and best of all, more memorable.
- Go wild with patterns. Abstracted florals or straight up chintz are always loved, but you can even go for something more geometric or symmetrical harmony or tribal for a touch of ethnic aesthetic.
- Blunt those edges, for curved furniture, is all the rage. Mid-century design curved sofas and sectionals are the way to go. Use in gorgeous rich velvets to provide a bit of sensuality to your space.
Winter in the Nilgiris
The temperature has dropped, there is mist in the air, and the hills are calling your name. Arrive in the Nilgiris this winter, and we promise you it will be a dream.
Start your perfect wintery morning over a lavish breakfast spread at your Isprava villa, before you take off on an 8 km hike to Lambs Rock in Coonoor. Come back to relax your feet and indulge in some tea. Don’t miss the tea tasting session at Tranquilitea, a boutique property ensconced in an emerald green tea plantation—it is by reservation only, so do not forget to book! Then, visit the UNESCO-listed Nilgiris Mountain Railway, also known as the “toy train”, and take a picturesque 90-minute ride to Ooty. Visit St. Stephen’s Church to fall in love with its stained-glass windows and graceful arches. Before the sun sets, indulge in a Kalari massage in Kozhikode, home to Ayurveda and Kalaripayattu, one of the oldest martial arts in existence. In the evening, do as the locals do and visit Doddabetta Peak, which stands just over 2600 m. It offers the most mesmerising views over the Nilgiri mountains and valleys. Do not leave this enchanting destination without indulging in a Coorgi spread. Pre-book a traditional meal at the humble Honey Valley, one of the oldest homestays of Kodagu. Here, ask for the pandi curry, the spicy pork curry over some sannas or steamed rice flour balls, and wash it all down with some homemade wine. What a perfect winter!