Giving Back Starts at Home: Communidade
Isprava builds luxury villas and holiday homes in Goa and is beginning construction in the Nilgiris. No matter where we travel, our heart always remains close to home. The Isprava team is a diverse multitude of talented and hard working individuals. To be part of a story like Isprava’s takes tireless hours and is not all fun and games. As part of Isprava’s values, giving back is something we take very seriously. Whether this means supporting the families of the workers at villa sites with health camps and mosquito nets, or donating a part of the proceeds of villa sales to the areas in which we operate. Isprava truly believes that giving back is the only way to move forward.
One of the things we do to keep our employees happy and healthy is provide weekly masseurs in the Isprava office. Most neck, lower back and wrist problems are attributed to using laptops and smart phones, something our generation cannot live without. By spending hours in one position, perhaps working on your computer, can cause damage to the musculoskeletal system, which, if not treated, can cause serious damage. Being aware of these issues is just one way Isprava stays on top of our game.
We wanted to preemptively prevent such injuries and hence have called in Aroma Thai massage therapists to work with employees for free, and ease any pain or tension that might be bothering them. Massages are often considered a luxury however regular loosening of knots and muscles is important for those who work at computers for long hours or even work out and exercise frequently. This is all part of how Isprava gives back.
If you don’t have the luxury of weekly massages, a few ways you can prevent work related injuries.
- Raise the height of your computer screen. The screen should only be about 20 degrees lower than your eye to stack some books under your laptop or computer screen to avoid straining your neck.
- Take regular breaks, every 30-45 minutes, look away from your screen and take a quick walk around the office to release any tension.
- Combat dry eyes with eye drops and other tips found here (hyper link http://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/12-expert-tips-to-deal-with-dry-eyes/)
- Adjust your chair so that your feet sit flat on the ground and your knees are at a 90-degree angle to your hips. If you need a small footstool to raise your legs, go get one.
- Most of all, stay healthy all year round regardless of how you work. Make sure to eat right and be active in order to sustain injuries better.
Giving back starts at home and for Isprava, that means our Mumbai headquarters. Communidade means community, so start finding ways to help those around you for major karma points!